Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Glycerin Soap

For this project we had to melt down glycerin soap, build paper molds, and encase objects inside.  The objects we chose had to work together in some way and we also had to pay attention to how they were displayed in the end.











In the end I chose to use objects that were all somehow bird related.  I used acorns, nesting material, feathers, birdseed, sticks and leaves, miniature birds, and a real worm from my compost pile.  I thought about making a realistic looking nest for the soap to be displayed in, but then decided I wanted to play up the fact that it is soap, and soap is something you would buy in a store or give as a gift.  I ended up putting the finished product in a basket, neatly arranged, with some dried grass and twigs to make it resemble a nest as well as a gift basket of sorts.

No comments:

Post a Comment