Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Five Cities I Want to Visit

1.  The number one place that is on my list of places to experience is Santa Clause, Indiana.   I'm seriously like a little kid when it comes to holidays, and I love all things Christmas.  This is a town where it is literally Christmas everyday. Everything street and store in the town is named for something Christmas related.  Residents keep their houses decked out all year long.  When kids send letters to Santa, this is where they end up.  This is my kind of place. I'm seriously that into it.


2.  Another place I would love to visit is Amherst, Massachusetts.  There is one thing that makes me want to visit this small town, and that's the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art.  I'm a childrens book fanatic and the fact that there is a whole museum dedicated to childrens book illustrations is just awesome.  The museum was created by Eric Carle, well known author and illustrator of some of my favorite childrens books including famous stories like The Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I could spend a week in this place, and probably another week in the gift shop.



3.  Also in Massachusetts, another place I would like to visit is Henry David Thoreau's cabin on Walden Pond in Concord.  Oh, the inspiration!





4.  I'd love to visit Vail, Colorado.  Like most people who visit Vail, my reason is for the slopes.  I've skied for a long time and dabble in snowboarding as well.  I had a friend who moved to Vail to be a snowboard instructor and it's been on my list of places to visit since then.  Look how beautiful it is! Those slopes!!!







5.  Lastly, I would like to visit Anchorage, Alaska.  This city is considered one of the best place to see the Aurora Borealis, or Northern Lights, which is something I hope to see before I die.


  



No comments:

Post a Comment