Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Artist Statement

For my entire life I have enjoyed the process of collecting.  This has, without a doubt, carried over and become an important part of my art and myself as an artist.  The idea of taking many small parts to make a whole really makes a lot of sense to me, and in doing so, the process becomes just as important as the finished product. 
    I strive to make people look at things in a new way by turning the most mundane and ordinary into something new and unexpected.  I like people to make people question their societal boundaries, the labels society has put on things, and what makes them feel uncomfortable. 
    I often explore subjects that are corporal or of the physical world, such as explicit sexual forms, animals, insects, and death.  In my creative world I rename things already known to make people see them in a new way.  I give what many would call mundane objects an air of importance by putting them in a different context, making them sacred and special.

No comments:

Post a Comment